We are delighted to welcome you to our little cafe. We have a wonderful covered external seating area for those rainy or chilly days - it is the north after all!
Indoor seating is available and we now have a beautiful new coffee bar in our little shop. This was made by Jonathan using recycled material from around the farm. It's a lovely spot to enjoy your coffee sitting on a tractor stool looking across the fields.
All our sausage and bacon are from our rare breed pigs raised here at Pond Farm and fed with the whey from the cheese making. You can visit the pigs by following the track up round to the back of the café.
You can see the dairy where the cheese is made through our viewing window – on the right just before the pigs!
Did you know?
- Our coffee is roasted at Mickelton village in Teesdale.
- All our cheeses are suitable for vegetarians.
- All our cheeses are hand made, hand turned, hand pricked and hand wrapped.
- Each of our blue cheeses is pricked over 400 times during maturation.
- We have won over 50 awards: regional, national and international.
- We can work with you to put together the perfect cheese gift for the cheese lover in your life.
- We can make you a bespoke celebration cake from cheese.
All the products in our little shop have been hand picked because, in our opinion, they work well with our cheese or they’re just simply gorgeous!